In preparation for Sheldon On Site, click here to view a video that covers school day operating procedures and safety precautions. Click here for a video on transportation protocols and here for a video that explains procedures for meal distribution on campus. That video will be available on our website and social media accounts. Click here to review the district's Safe Start plan.
Approximately 50% of our student population have selected to return for Sheldon On Site. Class sizes will vary based on campus enrollment and classrooms with a goal to keep students social distanced as much as possible. We are preparing for all scenarios including the likelihood of COVID-19 cases and the potential of having to quarantine. Safety continues to be our top priority and we will be working with health officials throughout the fall to ensure we are following safety procedures.
Helpful Reminders for Sheldon On Site Learners
- On Site learning for those who declared in-person as their learning choice begins Monday, October 5.
- Bring a charged device to school each day.
- For safety reasons, water fountains are closed. To stay hydrated, children may bring a water bottle to school.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at school for children; however, students may bring their own hand sanitizer to school if they choose.
- For the safety of our students and staff, there will be no visitors inside Sheldon ISD facilities. This includes walking children inside on the first day of school. To provide a safe environment for everyone, please stay inside your vehicles when dropping children off in the car lines. Students will be escorted to their classes by an SISD educational staff member.
- Please remember to bring a facial covering each day. Third through 12th grade students will be required to wear a facial covering on the bus and at school. PreK through second graders are strongly encouraged to wear a facial covering.
- There will be an opportunity to pick up a face mask at 2 p.m. Thursday, October 1 at Royalwood Elementary School thanks to Commissioner Precinct 1.
Dual Credit Announcement for Juniors and Seniors
- ECHS, STEM, Academic, MECA and KNIT--If your morning San Jacinto classes are online, you will have late arrival to KHS.
- Technical Students – If your afternoon San Jacinto classes are online only, you will have early dismissal from KHS.
Contact your academy principal, dean, or Mrs. Wolridge if you have questions.
Helpful Reminders for Sheldon On Demand Learners
- Curbside Tech Support is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Panther Stadium.
- The Technology Help Desk Line is open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday by calling 832-460-5005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With the start of Sheldon On Site, we do not anticipate any changes in schedules or teachers for our remote learners.
- Training for parents to assist with remote learning is available every Tuesday live at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The links to the training and recordings of sessions can be found here.
This week in Sheldon ISD...
- Your child’s school will provide more details about their specific in-person learning plans. Be checking your email and/or school’s website.
- Families who elected Sheldon On Site can find their child’s bus route information online by clicking here. If you need help with your child’s route, please call the Transportation Department at 281-727-1400. Additionally, families will receive a phone call this week with information about their child’s bus route.
- SISD is working to make updates to the Here Comes the Bus app. We will make families aware when this is available to use.
**Please remember it does take a week or so to work through timing of bus routes at the start of each year. This year, we will be staggering bus arrival and dismissal times to ensure social distancing, as well as taking added safety measures with limiting the number of students loading and unloading the bus at a time. Additionally, bus drivers will check IDs for parents/guardians of preK and kindergarten bus riders. As we work through the start of a new school year with added safety precautions, bear in mind pick up and drop off has the possibility of running late in the first week or so. We strive to run on time and will work diligently to provide prompt service for our students.
Please check our website and social media accounts as well as your email for updates in Sheldon ISD.